Saturday, February 25, 2006


OK so for all of you who do not believe in ghosts, here is the scariest thing that has ever happened to us. Driving down an old country road (192nd or “Walkerville Road” to those who know or care to know) we saw some turkeys up ahead and decided to slow down and take some pictures of them. Apparently the third turkey had passed this way before, unsuccessfully. Yeah. So that was pretty scary. I would have figured the first time I saw an apparition it would have been of human origin. And you might think that just because it was a turkey, and in relatively good shape, it was somehow less intimidating and therefore less of a frightful ordeal to be face to face with the undead. You’d be wrong. We all sat in silence and observed this thing crossing right there in front of us like the poultry version of the Abbey Road album cover. Only this time Paul really was dead. So for those of you craving another Jim blog-post and sadly checking each day and being yet again disappointed, this is why. It is rather unsettling to come in contact with those from the other side. It really shook me and I wasn’t sure what to do. I have been wondering why this turkey chose us. Why then and there did it decide to show itself? What did we do? What are we supposed to do? I can only imagine that it wants to communicate something to someone. Some unfinished business perhaps. We can’t figure it out. Any ideas? I’ll post again later…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

personally...i think it's a sign...a sign that we should become vegetarians...

love~jill

Anonymous said...

HAHa is all i have to say...to JILLS comment!! and yeah..SCARY...i'd freak out!!

Anonymous said...

are you serious...when did this happen, Jill didn't say anything about it?? I'm a little freaked....Knowing you Jim, I have to ask, is this really true??

Anonymous said...

If there are any skeptics, I was in the car right behind Jim & Jill. I couldn't beleive my eyes either. Only Jill was quick enough to capture this 'other-world' turkey with her camera. Perhaps it was a guardian angel turkey watching over his brothers.

Anonymous said...

blogs...turkeys....ghosts...dead beatles....jimmy have you relapsed?

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely CRAZINESS! I would have freaked out.. and Jill don't give up the good stuff! Just say NO to vegetarian-ism