Thursday, August 10, 2006


We found out recently that we are pregnant again. That is WAY cool. I was worried about my daughter growing up without any siblings. Yes, she has plenty of cousins and other various friends and relatives, but there's nothing like a good ole' sibling to make life more interesting, don't you think? Ask any of mine. I'm sure they would agree that, if not for their siblings (not any one in particular, but it would be any of or a combination of all of us) life would be a bore. Need more proof? Ask my mom, she'll tell you.

Life is good. I don't get out there and jump up and down but I am extremely excited that we are bringing another baby into the world. I can't wait to hold it and have a little tiny baby in the house again, finding out how little sleep you can get by on, taking naps because you got by on not enough and perhaps best of all, seeing Sage's response to the whole thing. She is going to be an outstanding big sister, I can tell.

Last night we got a swing set for Sage. I guess her new sibling will want to get in on the action too, eventually, but last night we were thinking of Sage when we risked being stung by yellow-jackets while tearing down the swingset that we set back up in our back yard. I think it's way cool. Thanks to Donny B for your cheap but skilled union labor.

That's an update for now. I'm just kind of soaking it all in, we're gonna be a "family" instead of a young married couple with a baby. What will we do with two of them? The same thing we do now only it will be twice as fun.

By the way, am I the only one that wishes they sold the Oreo cream filling by itself in a jar?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...long time no post...glad you're back!! I'm so excited for Sage to have a brother or sister and for you guys to be having another bundle of joy!!

Anonymous said...

How long did it take you to make that frosting man? I can attest to how fun it is to have a tiny baby in the house! Can't wait to find out what you guys are having!

Anonymous said...

Love the oreo snowman! Delicious! I love your outlook on life right now! It IS good! No cartwheels are necessary. Just take good care of my Jill . . .yes, I've decided she is mine. That is one cool chick you married. Go rub her feet or something and come get this picnic table! Kelly Out.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim!
Did you really make that snowman out of OREO cream? You are one dedicated man!
Congrats on the baby...the swing set...and everything! :)

Anonymous said...

SO basically...you made me tear up! an accomplishment? idk! since i found out you guys are adding to your family..i've missed you guys SO much more!! you guys are an amazing family!! i hope mine is HALF as good as yours!! you are an awesome daddY! sage is the LUCKIEST lil girl in the WHOLE world...and so will the next kid!! congrats!! and yes...that stuff is good inside of oreos!! now i have to go to work with red eyes...gosh jim!! :D luv ya!!

Tim and Amy said...

Okay... first of all- CONGRATS. We're SO very excited for you!

Secondly, I know I read your post thoroughly... but wouldn't have guessed the picture was of an oreo snowman.